Probably in the student residence or in your flat there is a possibility of getting connected to the fast internet (DSL, cable etc.) The connection is fast, safe and you can share the cost with your flatmates (for example with a WLAN Router).
The most popular and reliable providers in Poland are:
1. TP SA - http://www.tp.pl/
2. NETIA - http://www.netia.pl/
3. UPC - http://www.upc.pl/internet/
4. GH Net - http://www.ghnet.com.pl/internet/
If you prefer a mobile internet UMTS and HSDPA(to get access with a USB Modem and Laptop) or if you don't want to sign a long contract you can buy a Internet Prepaid Starter and Modem and pay only if you use it (without a contract), the best conditions are offered now by:
1. "PLAY ONLINE na Kartę" from PLAY MOBILE PHONE NETWORK
2. "ERA BLUECONNECT" from ERA MOBILE PHONE NETWORK
FREE INTERNET ACCES POINTS in KRAKOW
Most of the hotels, hostels and restaurants has got their own hotspots, that's way the Internet in Kraków is really easy accessible.
The interesting thing is that city own hotspots in the Rynek Główny and around Planty, so you can use the INTERNET while walking around the city center.
SPECIAL FOR YOU WE PREPARE A MAP WITH THE FREE ACCES POINTS: